PomPom Wreath Workshop for Adults December 2021

Welcome oh ye Crafty Readers...
December 2021 was a whirlwind! And I packed in a lot of crafting activity.
Including this 4 hour workshop making PomPom Wreaths OR a PomTree.
BUT... hold-up, let me take you back a step... I usually run Craft Workshops for YoungerChildren. That is my comfort zone. I know where I am with the younger creatives. They are wild and wonderful and determined to make allll the things and they work hard and they tell you EXACTLY what they think.
That, I can work with...
So, a whole workshop for adults is quite terrifying. I WORRY. I worry and have anxiety about all the work I do, so this isn't new. But i deliberated and put it off and didn't advertise because I was just terrifed "it would be rubbish" and that "I am rubbish" - I am my own sabateur. 
Fast forward and here we are. A small group of women, I think 10 of us in the end. And i learned a great deal about running this type of workshop and for adults.
We had a BLAST!
I am almost writing this up on the Blog as a kind of accountability to myself, to remember...
It was FUN. We did good. People enjoyed it. I must do this again.
The trees took people wayyyy longer than even I predicted. Note to Self...
The wreath was much more manageable.
Be still my PomPom heart - surrounded with PomPoms and with colourful crafty friends.
Look at Lorraine's proud face - love her. That tree looks so good! And she was so happy with herself. It's such an exciting decoration.
Cathy here - in the glue gun corner, finishing off her epic tree. 
And doesn't she look glorious in her LUCY & YAK dungarees!? It was so lovely to have Cathy there as we have been friends for years now but keeping up with friendships over Covid has been hard, hey? wouldn't you agree?
Cathy went for it on the day and managed to finish.
This is my bestie Abbi and her mum Mandz... DISNEY FANS THIS WAY and Abbi made an amazing Disney Wreath with extra baubles and gold styling. She surprised me and she surprised herself - what a natural creative!! Her Wreath was amazing. Abbi is so hooked, she wrapped all her Christmas gifts with PomPom toppers annnnnd has already made a Valentine Wreath for 2022. 
Mandz was fabulous too and she had prepared some little knitted Santas to pop on her wreath. So professional.
Practical Talk : I didn't even have to take 'that much' stuff to the venue... mostly kits i have already prepped for workshops. The cone interiors. The Glue guns. alllll that yarn! But it wasn't a big job. Happy to do it again.
I hired a large room in hall so pretty cheap outlay and we had use of parking, toilets, kitchen facility. All the comforts we craved.
What did everyone get out of the workshop? 
Definitely a great PomPom decoration that would have cost them more if they bought it from me.
A sense of real pride and satisfaction.
A great catch-up with friends.
A morning of pure relaxtion and fun (and cake and coffee!)
I'll leave you with a picture of Maisie and Luna with my giant rainbow PomTree...
Yes, I would love to run some more craft / PomPom workshops in 2022. You can always sign-up to the mailing list to get the dates or go follow my INSTA so you get to hear the dates first. These will be held in a large public studio on the borders of Warwickshire / Oxfordshire / Northants. I'd love to spend a morning with you, making PomPoms and making memories.
Much Love, Kirsty xxx

Comments