Do you Walk the Line?

Walk The Line 
Songwriters: CROWELL, RODNEY / CASH, JOHNNY

I keep a close watch on this heart of mine


I keep my eyes wide open all the time

I keep the ends out for the tie that binds

Because you're mine, I walk the line


I find it very, very easy to be true

I find myself alone when each day is through

Yes, I'll admit that I'm a fool for you

Because you're mine, I walk the line


You've got a way to keep me on your side

You give me cause for love that I can't hide

For you I know I'd even try to turn the tide

Because you're mine, I walk the line

I find i am constantly walking the line.
The line between what should be, must be, could be...
It's exhausting.
Because most of us like to think we are good moral citizens -
and we would NEVER hurt the people we love.
But what if you can't have it all?
What if somebody has to get hurt?
How do you decide who that person will be??

Comments

  1. I agree, we all walk the line...many lines..intersecting like a cobweb. Watching our step so we don't adhere to the tangling lines.
    Perhaps the choice isn't ours to make - merely one that will reveal itself? All we can do is ensure that any pain caused is without malice & minimised.
    We have all hurt others, the guilt we feel at that time is equal in stength to the care we feel for that person, if we didn't feel bad we therefore wouldn't care about them. We have all been lost in hurt too - getting lost help us find ourselves.
    It will all be ok, whatever the situation. It will be what it needs to be. I'm not of a religious persuasion but at times when I struggle to find the 'right' answer I think:
    'grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can & the wisdom to know the difference.'
    As Bill Hicks said 'It's just a ride....'
    Be gentle to yourself xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Allison - i thank you for these words. It is just a ride... it is without Malice xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment