Make a Stunning Easter Spring Wreath : Bunny Bunny Bunny...

I don't think there is an occasion when a wreath isn't called for. It's such an iconic Home Decor piece. For Interiors or Exteriors, whichever you choose.

I love an interior wreath as it makes a lovely seasonal change up to your home. Marking the change in seasons or for celebrations... it helps make my home feel transitional and not stagnant or boring. I like to keep changing things and marking time.

My mum loves an exterior door wreath. She has a large sheltered porch, so her wreaths can hang on her front door quite safely, sheltered from the weather. I made this wreath for her actually. Her older PomPom wreath had done very well!! and withstood many many months of weather on her front door.


I CHEATED. Readers, I confess. Welllll cheating is harsh. I had every intention of finding a wreath 'base' already started from a commercial place. And i found just the thing ... HERE when i popped to The Range (I must NEVER "pop" to The Range. I cannot exercise any self-restraint and I will bankrupt myself) But they have some lovely stuff - especially for Easter! 

Anyway - you can see the base on the link maybe? A Twiggy wreath base with some foliage and a bunny. Well... I upgraded / upcycled / UpDID that base entirely. I added all the Spring colour PomPoms and some extra flowers. Surely spring is allllll about Fluffy PomPom tails and flowers? I also popped in some plastic eggs i had from last year and the all important carrot! The overall look is really eye-catching and super cute. There is a ribbon to hang but you can have it without. The "hanging" depends on what the door needs.

NEXT.... Let me introduce you to the HOBBYCRAFT bunny wreath... HERE - link to shop.

I was challenged, in the most lovely way, by The Crafty Lass, who bought an extra wreath base and said "I bet you can use this!" and I could and I did. It would have been too obvious for me to have just surrounded it in PomPoms (do not get me wrong, that would look great!) but I decided to look into my Easter Craft Box and get some inspiration from there. Somehow I wanted to use the fluffy bunny I had....


I also wanted to keep the shape of the Bunny. I didn't want to lose it's already great bunny head shape. I didn't want the ears to get lost in POMPOMS! so... I decided to wrap it all in some lovely thick yarn. I glued a few areas as I went, to keep it thick.

I was also keen that this project would be quick and really simple for anyone else to copy.

The BUNNY WREATH above ^^^^^ takes so much time and a good "eye" for proportions. The PomPoms take time and the whole thing is not, for me, a "cheap" project (it was a gift after all) so I wanted this wreath to be easily achievable for anyone.


I wrapped the whole frame - then i made a super fluffy PomPom as a tail for this bunny's bottom.

I knew I wouldn't need too mauch more to make this look super cute. Even my Teen daughter said to me "well done Mothership for exercising so much restraint in this design"  hahahahaha  she knows me well. Keep it Simple Kirsty.


See the two smaller pink PomPoms? I knew they would make the pefect inserts for the Bunny Ears. I used a really thick yarn for those so they would stick really well and and not flop at all. They were glued inside the ears. 

Then, of course, it's all glue gun action. My favourite moment! Sticking the whole PomPom party together. I take my time and hold on tight to make sure that glue is going to stick hard.


What bunny would be complete without a carrot?? And, to add a little more colour and interest, I also added a lovely green PomPom to his side... like a giant lettuce. He looks perfect!!

I have hung him here to show you the finished wreath BUT he is best hung from a ribbon, and hung somewhere he can spin so you can see his fluffy tail in full glory. I might wait til Easter and hang him from our tree outside (if the weather is nice for Easter week)


I hope you enjoyed both these makes. Two very different ideas, Two very different ways to use your PomPom Makers. 

See more HERE on my Instagram...

See more HERE in my shop... where you can buy PomPom Makers and PomPom Home Interiors.

Thanks for dropping by.

Much Love,

Kirsty x x x


Comments