You have been chosen to partake in the amazing Annual PaperFish Sale Day
I know, i know, too much excitement for the general public -
but we Craft Lovers can cope, right!?
It may or may not surprise you to know: major retailers BUY IN sale stock to flog at you / market endlessly at you - make you WANT it bad. Many major retailers MARK UP the original price so high that they are still making profits from their "75% off the world and you need this stuff bad"
My SALE is different. I am making a loss on all SALE items. At the prices i am selling to you, i am losing money on the profit and on my original purchase costs. Also "UK free postage"... why would i do that?
What's in it for me? This is my business!? My wages!?
1. Any stock that is End of Line / won't be re-stocked - gets stuck and i need it moved out of my shop listings and out of my studio.
2. Even selling items at a loss is better than having dead items sat around that are not selling at all!
3. Most of my customers are repeat - and many have been shopping with me for YEARS! i appreciate them and its a way of saying "want this for a £1? Thanks for shopping with me"
4. My shop rises up the Etsy listings for a while due to the continued sales and renewing.
5. Many people don't give a fig about the £1 sale and just use the FREE UK POSTAGE to buy something they were coming in to get anyway. Well Done them
6. Always 2 or 3 people come in and buy one £1 item and i have to post that for free - that's a big loss in my Sale Day and kinda mean spirited. But this is the offer so they are within their right. I am being totally open about my SALE DAY reasons and tactics - how many other retailers do that for you??
7. It is FUN! Crazy stoopid and hectic for me, but actually great fun and last year customers were msg-ing me all day and being funny. We had a laugh.
So: SALE DAY
Tuesday 5th FEB 2013
9am - 9pm