Hogwarts in the Snow... have you been to the WB Studio Tour? Did it make you Cry?

I know I’ve talked about my tenuous connection with The Harry Potter Films over on my Instagram... and my very real connection to the Studio Tours...
Let me take you back a step or two.
This is my beautiful friend Abbi. She’s like a real true Gryffindor... her spirit and her personality is Gryff. Which is funny. Because, before she married (the awesome sexy man that is Joey Tyers) her surname was Griffiths... so we all called her GRIFF / GRYFF.
She is the chosen one. 
And here she is making my Gryff #fancrown look simply beautiful. We’ll wear our Crowns the next time we visit the Studio Tours. 

The Studio Tour... on my first visit we took my daughter, newly watched the films and ready to be fully immersed into the obsession. We, as in “me n my dad”, we also took my mum. BIG FAN. Definitely a HufflePuff. 

Knowing full well that my dads “Wig Stands” have been sold to TV studios we said to each other “How amazing if they had used your Wig Stands in the HP film studios”
- my dad is my entire inspiration - he has been in successful business for years. 
When he ‘retired’ (!!) he fell into making really high quality Stands for the Wig Industry (in his Garage!!) 
He’s an Engineer. A friend of the family needed some Stands - multi directional and hard wearing, on which a Wig Block can sit - and college students can work on hair. 
It turns out these Stands are amazing and they get sold to the Royal Opera House / Theatres / Colleges / Film Studios and so on.
Anyway... as we are doing the tour, we have the conversation... and there... in the Studio Tour... in the Wig / Costume / Make-Up section... are some of my Dads WIG STANDS! We were totally blown away. 
These items made by his hands in my family home... there in the very studios, well used, having held the hair for all those wonderful British Actors and amazing Rowling Characters. 
And now some of them sit in the Tour... on full display! We’ll never get closer to the entire Film Franchise than this.
Well Done my dad. 
We laugh at it every time we remember it. And we cling to the memory of that day we first saw them. 
So... I make Harry Potter #Fancrowns for beautiful kind fans like my Bezzie Abbi. A true Gryff. 
And I make them because I feel like I have this connection. Real and actual.
And my dad and I both know that feeling of when you “make something with your imagination, your engineering, your own hands” and there it is - doing it’s job, in someone else’s hands.
That’s CRAFT.
Thats CRAFTMANSHIP.
That’s Pride.
(And that’s Abbi and Joey at our Wedding July 2020) if ever there was a sense of Hogwarts Spirit, it was us getting married during a Pandemic!! 

Comments