Iron On Patches are my Favourite…

Bloooooomin LOVE an "iron-on Patch" - and it's not even nostalgia. I hated them as a kid. I was all about wearing Black (yes, even when I was really young) and my dad bought us loads of clothes when he worked away in the US and they were always so cool.
But there is something so appealing about an IRON-ON PATCH!
(and yessss appreciate that "styling" : vintage GPLAN wardrobe - found in a tip. Paid £30 - lord knows what a triple GPLAN wardrobe is worth? Its mint condition. Or it was. Until it came to live with me.
Yes, Suitcase was also from that "Recycle Centre" but I have loads from all over really. Shopping basket was BERYLUNE - years ago)

I know what it is... they appeal to that ADHD in me. Quick, fun, colourful, eclectic... so many themes and styles and designs and they are KITSCH and they are somewhat nostalgic but i don't feel the same way about Pins or Badges or other School Style Accessories. It's patches that have my heart.
This is an old Denim Dress that I have decorated the back of. It was a risk - because - what if i put all those great patches on an item of clothing that then breaks or ruins or I grow out of...
(nb I am a grown adult so I know I won't "grow" out of it but I am a weight lifter and I am a hormonal mess so size and shape shifting is a real thing in my life!)
As you were... "what if I can't wear that thing anymore"... it is a real concern but also, in the spirit of Thrift and re-purposing, I will make this into a framed picture OR re-work the dress. Something will happen to it to release its next new life.

The above ROSES I have in the shop for sale. I could not resist. I ADORE them and I have decided that I am going to patch up an entire jacket in roses - but I bought lots of them so thought I'd share some with you too.
This little collection of stars is also available and I have a few packs of these.
If I am completely honest... I have many patch sets I should stop hoarding and sell on!! 
I am a selfish person.
You could choose to PATCH onto a Camo Jacket or.... a fabric TOTE or... a cushion, ya know, it can be anything really.
I LOVE having clothes that are unique to me. I love having clothes that no-one else has. I am not a follower of trend although, as a I get Older (46 presently!) I like to look a little bit current and fashion relevant because it makes me feel good.
Here is the current screen shot of the ETSY SHOP.
As per - you can reach me quickest on the old GRAM or keep updated with POM and all the Craft Deals on the VI-POM newsletter.
Show me what you patch!!! Tag me on your Insta posts. I Love to see.
Ciao Comrades xxx

Comments