Pink Interiors… Forever Valentines.

February - Does anyone really DO Valentines anymore? Like it used to be? 

I remember being in school and Valentine was a hoot! We'd send anonymous cards or just letters / notes, telling that sexy Other that we thought they were wayyy cute but we didn't sign it so we got to avoid the very real pain of vulnerability and school ground ridicule. I'll never forget Anthony who signed his with a teeeeny tiiiny biro drawing of an ANT, in the bottom right corner. I never told him - OBVS - he was not the boy for me, as sweet as he was. Anyways, years YEARS later his brother became a member of my gym (I owned a gym until recently) and we reminisced about it. It was fun. It was a compliment. It was just a note.

Do you wear PINK?

I was having a shop with my Sister recently, and we both said how much we LOVEwearing pink now, in our late 40s. We would never have worn it in earlier years. It was like... admitting defeat. Giving in to the "pretty pink dresses" we had rebelled against as children. Now we are extremely grateful to wear this colour and appreciate any ANY thing that helps us brighten our skintone or look marginally 'less old'. It is a favourite colour of mine, in all shades. 

So, valentines or not, it was inevitable i was going to make a PINK POMPOM WREATH. Of course.


PINK is Joy.

Pink is love and joy and fun and sexy and soft and playful and shy and exciting. It's all the things. I adore pink. When I'm shopping for Yarn, I always make sure I hoarde a huge variety of shades and there are always so many to choose from. It is a colour that so rarely disappoints. And I mean, in every season. Christmas Pinks are my obsession... but we are now in February and pink feels right. Spring bulbs, Pink Camelia, pink chocolates...


Pink Interiors... I should have waited and taken a photo of our new pink sofa! But, it hasn't arrived yet.

My Huzzbang is a modern man of very secure masculinity. He does not object to a pink sofa, although he wanted orange. I like the orange - yes - but the pink was what I really wanted. It would just look better in our living room. So I cannot wait for that. 

Pink is not a colour we've used alot because I have mostly chosen lush greens and deep blues that really go well with all our reclaimed wooden flooring and vintage furniture... anyway, I digress.


PINK PomPom Wreath - Interior Decor

This was launched in February, the month of love but, for me, PINK is anytime of year. My wreaths are pretty and lush and large and kitsch and a real talking point. I get fed up of art print walls and Ikea units. I want fun and joy in my home. And comfort! An interior wreath can provide part of that feeling. An Arty Crafty Fun home with ooooodles of kitsch and plants and inspiring artefacts. Interesting colours and cosy places to read. That's what I'm about (come over to Instagram and we can hang out over there some more)

This photo is a bit rubbish because i compressed it by accident. I am a fool. But also - DOGS. A home is not a home.... no, MY home is not a home without a dog or 3. So I have to add that to the list of interior "must haves"

I hope you like my gorgeous new Pink PomPom Wreath. I get so much joy and relaxation and contentment from making these so I hope you don't mind me sharing the process.

I hope you have lots of loving experiences throughout February! The love of your family and the love of your friends and the love of your Faith and your home and your beautiful self.

INSTAGRAM

POMPOM SHOP



Comments